This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I browse american websites from Mexico?
04-23-2014, 05:32 AM
How can I browse american websites from Mexico?
I used to live in Texas. My husband and I moved down to Mexico and we have been living here for about 6 months. I am trying to go to walmart.com and the browser takes me to walmart.com.mx which is a very different website. I hate it. My computer automatically detects my location but I want to browse the american website! The same happens with Netflix. Not all the movies are available, and some of them automatically come out in Spanish and I can't change the audio.

Does anyone know how to be able to go to stop the auto detection of my location or to block the .mx sites because google.com does the same thing.
Im going crazy. Help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 05:42 AM

For netflix you can use the hola extension for chrome browser. Set your location to the UK for the best selection.

Regarding general websites, I'm sure there is a similar plug in available, but you can always try a proxy based out of the States. Not sure on that one.

Ads

04-23-2014, 05:56 AM

you would have to use a proxy,

just google 'US proxy', i wouldn't recommend using one to enter payment details in.
04-23-2014, 06:11 AM

Get HotSpotSheild VPN

hotspotsheild.com
04-23-2014, 06:13 AM

When i suggest utilizing http://www.vpnpower.net in order to unblock internet sites. I've been using them since 5 years.