This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to create a website, registered the domain name and built the site ~ whats next?
04-23-2014, 07:58 AM
I want to create a website, registered the domain name and built the site ~ whats next?
I rented the domain name and have the website (via Dream-Weaver) finished. Now is the last thing I need a host? And if I get a free host will it allow me to take my domain name from Go-Daddy and publish it without any stupid extensions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 08:09 AM

Many free hosts charge an upgrade fee to use a custom domain name, some don't, you will have to research them. Basic paid hosting accounts may be about $4/mo "unlimited" accounts allowing multiple domain names are typically $8/mo.

Next you want to register the domain name with the 3 big search engines, actually getting links from a few other sites already indexed will probably get your site discovered.

Ads

04-23-2014, 08:10 AM

A free host does not usually allows you to do much, that is why it is free.
04-23-2014, 08:12 AM

Hey there, you can actually connect your domain name and host it on Webydo.com and then easily create your own website without having to write a line of code. Keep up us posted if you need any assistance.
04-23-2014, 08:19 AM

If you can afford it, opt for paid host right from the begining to avoid future complications. Besides, you will be limited on what you do on free host. When you want to move, some or all your contents may be forfeited. I'm telling you this from experience.
04-23-2014, 08:21 AM

You can get all this via website builder tool. You can get a free design, domain and emails with website builder. One of the good website builder's available is http://www.webstarttoday.com . With 1000's of designs available one can choose the look with suits them best as per the business. With website builder getting your online identity can be very easy , no coding, no hassles , just choose your design and get your free website done.