This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i get chrome as my default browser on my facebook app on samsung galaxy s3 (android)?
04-23-2014, 12:49 PM
how do i get chrome as my default browser on my facebook app on samsung galaxy s3 (android)?
I have facebook app, from the Google Play Store, on my phone. So I take it to be the official one.

I used to have Google Chrome as the default browser for any links I used to click on from my facebook news feed.

Example: someone shares an article on my facebook from an online website like skysports. I used to click it and it would open the article in Google Chrome browser.

Then for no apparent reason, one time I clicked on an article shared on my facebook news feed and it used the standard internet browser on the phone.

I tried to find settings on facebook and my phone to change it but I didn't find any. I uninstalled and re-installed the app and that didn't work either.

Anyone able to tell me how to get Google Chrome as default browser from my facebook app on Samsung Galaxy S3 phone (android)

Thanks
PLEASE NOTE: I used to be able to open links from my facebook app in Google Chrome, so I know this has been / can be done.

if its changed through a fundamental setting of facebook then please let me know

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 12:55 PM

You Cant Do That There is No Way to Set the Facebook App To Open Links in Google Chrome

Ads

04-23-2014, 01:00 PM

Facebook and Chrome are different. Facebook isn't browser. Facebook app is connected to FB database, which you can display friends and pages contents.