This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi there, do you give payment for an Avon order before or after?
04-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Hi there, do you give payment for an Avon order before or after?
I've got a mate who said she was doing Avon, I ordered a few things from her but now she's demanding payment without delivering my order! When i asked her if my stuff had arrived so i could collect it she said the lady who's doing the Avon is away, I told her when she had my order to call me so i can give her the money.
I didn't hear from her for a week then she sent her boyfriend round demanding payment!! Is this right? Do you have to pay the Avon lady first befor getting your order?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
What do you mean? If somebody is selling you something and tells you to pay them first and they'll give you the item whenever..would you give them the money???? I never said i refuse to pay, I said when you give me my things i ordered i'll give you the money not before!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 03:38 PM

Is there a reason you are not paying in advance?
Pay the lady.
She is an Avon representative, not a bank that makes short term loans.

Ads

04-23-2014, 03:44 PM

The standard Avon Order form UK Representatives use actually states at the bottom "Your order will be delivered to your home, Cash on Delivery". The Representative doesn't normally pay for the goods until their NEXT order is submitted so in theory they do not have to pay up front for the goods either but that is dependent on getting the products delivered quickly. Avon also offers a full money back guarantee on most items (shown in the brochure) so the Representative should also in theory not be out of pocket if you don't pay for the product as long as they are able to send it back.

As someone else has said this is the Representative's business and as such they want to make a profit but they should not need to demand money up front from you.

I'm not sure however if the Avon Representative in this case is your friend or whether your friend is buying on your behalf from a Representative. If it is the later of these then your friend WILL have to pay the Representative when the goods are delivered to HER and she may need the money up front. It is not fair on the Representative to make her deliver the items directly to you although you could ask as you may be on 'her round'.

Hope this helps.

Steve