This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with Internet connection?
04-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Help with Internet connection?
Everyday I have to refresh my internet connection because every 10 minutes or so it says "Server not found." I find myself typing ipconfig release and renew to get another 10 more minutes of internet. This is my temporary solution. There isn't any problem with the WI-FI connection. Right now, I'm using a desktop computer with a router. How can I fix this problem permanently?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 04:26 PM

Make sure there are no issues with your computer. If you're sure it's an issue with your internet and not your computer, it might be a good idea to contact your internet service provider.

Ads

04-23-2014, 04:33 PM

Adele,

The issue you are describing is at the near end of a stack of technology that starts with cabling and ends with software. When I run across similar issues, I break out my laptop (known good hardware and software on my end) and stress test the connection where the failing node connects. If it still fails, I eliminate cabling and client side networking equipment one by one. If these are all good, it is an ISP issue. If the connection tests good with my laptop, then we eliminate desktop hardware and reset software: I. E., try a USB Ethernet adapter instead of the built-in one, then run netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset. Finally scan for malware using malware bytes anti-malware in safe mode.
04-23-2014, 04:39 PM

Reset your router settings to factory settings and hopefully once you reconfigured it should be sorted. If not I would suggest investing in another router.

I doubt it would be an ISP error as when you release and renew it rectifies the problem, so the issue is inside your property.

Hope this helps.
~Mr Rochey~