This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10 POINTS BEST ANSWER!!! Is Facebook safe?
04-23-2014, 05:29 PM
10 POINTS BEST ANSWER!!! Is Facebook safe?
Hey, I sort of wanna get a Facebook, but I'm sorta nervous about being stalked and stuff! I'm curious what people like so much about it, the problem is that my Dad doesn't want me on Facebook (He's the most overprotective person EVER lol I'm like in highschool and can't even close my room door xD) But I feel like getting a Facebook. Just to check it out 'cuz everyone has one and I wanna keep in contact with all my friends. BTW I am old enough for an account. My mom doesn't mind, but no matter how much I beg my Dad, he won't let me get one. Should I make an account and not tell him?? I'm still really confused. I'm smart enough to use privacy settings and reject people idk, but is it possible to be randomly stalked? Btw, I NEVER share really personal info/post pix of myself.
Btw, I'm at the "I trust you on the computer" stage, like, if I made a random account no one would care, but if I was like "Dad, my Facebook page is ______" Then he would be like, "No Facebook" and that would be the end of it..... maybe I'll try talking to him, if not, I'll do it anyways 'cuz he wont care too much about it, he just watches TV 99.9 % of the time...... and he will get upset after finding out then be like whatever.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 05:40 PM

you can lock your page so no one sees anything but ur name and photo

Ads

04-23-2014, 05:50 PM

Use correct settings and facebook is great just don't add everyone you see social networking is great just use your privacy
04-23-2014, 05:59 PM

Yes, just don't friend people u don't know
04-23-2014, 06:02 PM

Don't add people you think would spam your wall or inbox with hurtful things (such as people you consider an enemy). And don't post a hundred pictures of yourself either because that can also get you into trouble. Continue to talk to your dad about it, and allow him to watch over it for a little while so that he knows you're being safe. But if he doesn't agree to that, then if you're brave enough, go ahead. I have a Twitter account that nobody but two close friends know about.
04-23-2014, 06:03 PM

I wouldn't go behind your fathers back. Trust is wonderful. I would however explain to him that he may monitor it and if he thinks you should delete it you will. But try to rationalize it first. It's like a cell phone with pic ability- but only your friends see it.