This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are my options when a case is opened against me on ebay?
04-24-2014, 02:00 AM
What are my options when a case is opened against me on ebay?
So, almost a month ago, (Feb. 11th) I sold an autographed baseball to a man. For some reason, he just now opened a case, claiming that "the signature of Albert Pujols on the baseball does not match his known signature. The letter A he sighed looks nothing like the A he normally signs are the certificate of authencity is not a offical form. Would like a refund"...... word for word...Problem is, I included very clear pictures of both his autograph AND the COA, and he STILL bought it. I sent him a message back, but he'll probably continue to be an idiot. I DON'T want to refund him anything, but I don't want negative feedback as it would GREATLY affect my feeback (currently have 11 positive). Is there any way I can keep the money and NOT get negative feedback? Thanks.
Here's a link to the item. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221371999863?ssP...1559.l2649
AND LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!! he's trying to sell it while he has a case opened!!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/121288658567
ALSO- if I win the case, can he then leave negative feeback for me? He hasn't left any yet.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 02:12 AM

If you look at other signatures by the same guy online they vary a lot. There is no "known signature" when he signs baseballs. They all follow a general trend and are similar in nature, He is just pushing for a better price, a refund or similar.
~
Obviously he is confident enough that it's real to resell it as real.

Ads

04-24-2014, 02:14 AM

First report him for using your pictures. Make sure you write down his listing number, 121288658567. If he attempts to open a dispute you need proof he was trying to sell the item as genuine himself.
04-24-2014, 02:17 AM

Take screen shots of his listing, and report him immediately. It may be best to call eBay with this problem to explain it all. He shouldn't be asking for a refund without sending the item back. He should definitely not be trying to sell it either.
04-24-2014, 02:32 AM

"Is there any way I can keep the money and NOT get negative feedback?"
No.

"if I win the case, can he then leave negative feeback for me?"
Yes.

Welcome to eBay, where no sale is ever final.
04-24-2014, 02:33 AM

If a case is opened against you, you have several days to work it out with them. If you are able to come to an agreement without refunding them then that's good. His selling it in eBay is one way of his resolving it on his own so he should not give you negative feedback if you reason that out with him.

If you're not able to work anything out with him then, you need to wait a few days to escalate the case to eBay. When you escalate the case, be very detailed, as detailed and direct to the point on what you sold and what they are claiming and all the relevant info you have.

However if he already escalated the case then you need to wait for the decision on the case before you can appeal the case if you lose.

You can also report him online in your My eBay Selling area like what the others commented here.

By the way, did you buy the card yourself or you had it autographed personally? If you bought it from someone you need to have the receipt to help you with the case.

And yes even if you win the case they can still leave you negative feedback so you need to really communicate well with your buyer. If you are able to make them see your point and if you're able to come to an agreement, you can send them a feedback revision request (once). Make sure you've had their agreement on getting the feedback revised if they already left you the negative feedback as eBay can only remove limited kinds of negative feedback.

I did write an article about selling in eBay 2 years ago, it's like a guide for new sellers. Just in case if you wanna read and if you're not very familiar with eBay yet, you can check it (as my source) below.