This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can I get adblock without having Chrome?
04-24-2014, 03:41 AM
can I get adblock without having Chrome?
I'm having trouble locating that indefinitely free adblock site I hear about.
Let me rephrase that a bit......I think I found 1 but it says "you need chrome or safari" (or words to that effect). I don't WANT another darn add-on or tool bar on my screen. I like the one I have, and don't need another clogging up my screen. Is there a way to get that adblock without any more "add this to your screen" shhhhugar? Or can I just disable the added toolbar after I download the one I found without affecting the adblock operation itself?
....The one I had was, I just found out, a "30 day free trial". I thought (and was told) this was free, period. Is that site that charges for it a scam?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 03:47 AM

Erm.. What web broswer do you use??

I use firefox and adblock. And adblock pop up blocker.

Adblock does not have a toolbar.

It has a tiny icon you can click to open settings (Can be hidden)

Adblock is free.. It does not have a 30day trial.

Adblock is available for Firefox, chrome and more.

The below sites recognises that im on firefox and asks if i want to install.
https://adblockplus.org

Hope it helps Smile

P.S: The picture below is a screenshot i took from my computer.

Ads

04-24-2014, 03:48 AM

you mean the add-on in internet browsers? if so then you can search for it in google store or for firefox you can get it from add-on search and after you install it you may get a new bar in the bot but that's easy to remove and wont disable it Smile
04-24-2014, 03:52 AM

That add on is available for internet explorer, firefox and chrome. You can download this as add on for which browser you have. Once installed it will block unnecessary advertiesements and ad popup. It is safe and one of the best adds on downloaded. Otherwise, you get all sorts of alert of winning prizes etc. some click would invite trojans to your system easily. One of the best add on and this is not like any other browser hijack tool bar of search engines.