This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my life ruined?
04-24-2014, 04:03 AM
Is my life ruined?
I am 22, my mother passed away when I was 9. My father is a career criminal. My grandparents we're all dead before I was 2. I have no siblings. Essentially no family to speak of. I am just now starting to realize how badly this affected my social development as I would always push people away. I deleted my facebook when I left High School because I wanted to leave life in my hometown behind. I have virtually no friends because of how mean and cold I used to be. I am trying so hard to be nice and start over and meet new people but it just never works out. I have never had a girlfriend, I have had sex with multiple girls who all basically said they were using me because I am good looking. I want to start a new facebook/twitter, etc. but I would literally have 0 friends to start with and I think everyone new I meet would think that is weird. I am just finding it impossible to become part of a social circle with no money and no existing friends.

I am about to graduate with a B.S. in economics with a low GPA. I am in massive massive debt. I will not be able to pay my rent in 2 months unless I get extremely lucky So I will be homeless and/or starving most likely soon. My odds of getting a job are close to zero straight out of college. I have nowhere to go. I really can't stop thinking about how badly I messed up in my past relationships and would fix them if I could do it all over again. I really don't know what to do.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 04:10 AM

well your good looking and you have a degree...looks like you may need to get a sugar mama..

Ads

04-24-2014, 04:25 AM

I don't know much being a freshman in high school. But I do know a lot of life,

Can't say I'm struggling with what you're struggling with and I an deeply sorry for what you go through.

All I have to say is don't give up, your life isn't ruined until you give up and let it get ruined, it can only get better if you continue to try to pay off that debt, don't dwell on the past, look to the future and never ever give up on yourself because that is what will ruin your life.

Get a job if you don't have one, take some more classes to get higher G.P.A

DON'T GIVE UP!
04-24-2014, 04:33 AM

sounds like a pity party right now. You went college! not too many people have that opportunity.

Stop associating yourself with negative people and influences would be a good way to move towards more positive thinking. It's not going to be easy to get from A to Z, because you have the entire alphabet in the way. But you'll get there
04-24-2014, 04:36 AM

You are 22 and you've already given up. In your question, you've listed all the reasons why you won't succeed. Basically, you've given yourself reason to fail.

Have you thought of getting a job at a burger joint or clean up grocery stores at night? How about work as a receiving staff at some warehouse? Sure, they don't pay well but it'll keep you going.

If you want to start over, DO IT. Forget making friends. Get going and establish yourself first.

And STOP giving yourself permission to fail because of your background.

That's my advise.
04-24-2014, 04:51 AM

At 22 you certainly have seen the harder side of what life can throw at you. Perhaps, behind all the negativity is this massive debt that weighs you down. Owing money can be the one thing that sometimes makes everything else seem so bad along the way. Start there. Surely where you live there are establishments like in Oz called "debt busters" or the like. They are especially there to help combine, re-evaluate and reduce the payments, [at the very least] to help their customers see a way out, and consequently, a clearer way ahead. With you being a YA 100% best answerer, that shows that people are listening and voting for the valued information you give to others. A social circle of friends with the same interest is where to start. Surely there are hobby groups with no associated charges to join. Like-mindedness brings friendships. You've unfortunately encountered the wrong women - shallow as a birdbath - especially to admit they 'used' you because of looks. That's not the quality relationship you deserve. Someone is out there - you just haven't met her yet. Chin up, seek out the debt busters and generally, that will more than likely be the beginning of the end of this chaos you describe in your life. Smile