This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does one make a facebook application.?
04-24-2014, 04:14 AM
How does one make a facebook application.?
I require a rather simple facebook application that allows on person to give to another person "points" as well as take them off and possibly attach a listing of "rewards" for redeeming those points.

Think of it this way, if someone does their chores you give them a point, and you keep doing this and they accumulate more. Or you can reward other good behaviour thusly, they can then redeem these points at their leisure from a list of pre-arranged rewards once they accumulate the neccessary points and then you decrement them.

Possibly additional features exist including a list of pre-arranged rewards, a list of pre-arranged duties, a request to confirm performance of a duty, a request to have a point redemption done. And so forth, but for the moment the simple recording will be more than sufficient, but I don't even know where to begin looking for the basics of how one programs an application, or where I might find a programmer to commission.
As I sort of meant to say, I don't mind hiring someone should the expense not be too excessive, and I can use a "karma" application as a temporary fix until I find something better. I could just write it down, but it creates more of a visual effect this way, which keeps the kid more reminded and on task.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 04:16 AM

Add the Developers application, i believe =] forgive me if i'm wrong sorry but that's what i'm pretty sure you do...

Ads

04-24-2014, 04:30 AM

I am planning on writing a code as well, but because I am not so computer savy, I have a programmer that will assist me.

If you have absolutely no where to start, you can read up on PHP, HTML, and Java and build yourself up from there. It is extremely difficult to design a code when you have no experience with computer programming. I suggest you post an "ad" on craigslist.com and hire a computer programmer. Many people are on there looking for ways to get extra cash, so maybe you can pay them some money for it. That's the down side of developing a code; the only down side.

But right now, start off by adding the Developers application on Facebook. On there, you can figure out how applications work. It's definitely a start for beginners. There are also a lot of "how to's" online if you just google - 'How to make a facebook applicaton.' There are a lot of useful information, but it does get overwhelming if you have an IQ of a 10 when it comes to computer programming.

I hope this helps. Good luck mate and don't give up. This can get pretty hard. By the way, some good advice would be this. I suggest you take off your application idea in your question. There are many people out there that can steal your idea and make it their own. I won't, I promise. :-)