This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why won't Twitch videos load?
04-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Why won't Twitch videos load?
Ok, at this point I'm pretty pissed about this... I can watch youtube all day, with no problem except for letting it buffer which takes about two minutes for the whole video. But I'm trying to watch videos on twitch, and I'll let them buffer for like 30 minutes just to watch 5 seconds of video. last night I set it up, and let it buffer over night thinking, "Hey I can watch it when I get up". But no. It loaded less than 3 minutes. I am so mad about this... Can anyone tell me what the hell is wrong with twitch videos, and how I can make them go faster? I need really basic instructions though, I won't pretend to know how to do a lot of computer stuff. Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 10:50 AM

Twitch isnt meant for the whole watching videos thing, Its servers are more concentraited on allowing people to live stream with no lag. The servers aren't the best and depending on how many people are on can depend on how efficiently they run. But 2 minuites to buffer a youtube video? That sounds like its parcially your connection aswell, But I would reconmend trying shutting down your computer and then going and turning off your router for like a minuite and then turning it back on then turning on your computer again. This would have reset your internet and will make it more efficient when connecting to websites. Hope this helps.

Ads

04-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Two minutes to load a video sounds like the need for more internet speed. I checked twitch and the video
didn't buffer at all the video just started when I clicked on it and loaded all the way immediately.