This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wouldnt it be a good idea to charge a fee for using facebook?
04-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Wouldnt it be a good idea to charge a fee for using facebook?
Facebook is a growing epidemic of sorts, a place to try to find people from the past. But why can't we all live in the future instead? Looking at our past friends does nothing. Besides there are harassments, breakups, things of that nature. You might choose to meet up with someone who isn't who (s)he says it is. I am not on facebook. But I think that a good idea to generate much needed income is to charge for its use. You like it, so you pay. The same that goes for cell phones and music on your i-pods should go for it as well. Don't you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Never. There wont be anyone willing to pay to see other's wall.

Ads

04-24-2014, 11:03 AM

no but can you check out my question

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...811AAaIr5e
04-24-2014, 11:09 AM

Yeah if you wanted to see people start protesting and rioting like uncivilized citizens .
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Charging people to use Facebook would be a horrible idea. It would destroy the company and would put thousands of developers out of work. Facebook rakes in hundreds of millions of US dollars every quarter anyway, so there's no need to charge users for its services.
04-24-2014, 11:29 AM

That will never happen. nobody would be willing to pay. Why charge when you'll lose most of your members? People will just go to myspace, friendster, myyearbook, or tumblr. & facebook does generate some income from advertising and games that use facebook points.
04-24-2014, 11:34 AM

You say that now because you don't have a facebook. Once you try it out, you'll understand why you will waste waaay to much money on something so addicting as facebook. Not a great idea.
04-24-2014, 11:35 AM

That's what happened to Classmates. They had a great message board & chat room going on, then they kept raising the annual fee until everyone left for a free site. Now Classmates is a Ghost Town. When you have a good thing going, don't get greedy about it. Someone else will come in and fill the void -FOR FREE.