This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet slows down during surfing in Windows 7?
04-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Internet slows down during surfing in Windows 7?
When I start my computer and I go to surf the web, I surf about 3-4 pages, and then my internet speed starts to drop very fast until it is barely possible to surf.
The only way to temporarily recover internet use is to reboot PC from scratch (disconnecting as user doesn't work). But even so, after a couple of clicks, internet becomes unusable.
Streaming videos or downloading becomes really frustrating.
In the safe mode the speed always is perfectly ok.

I tried using many different browsers and it's all the same. My pc is optimized, and bitdefender did not find any viruses.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM

well its because your windows 7 is slow and does not support your computer any more so your gonna need to download windows 8 and downloading windows 8 will fix your problem

Ads

04-24-2014, 11:27 AM

change your DNS and your speed will increase
Here's How:
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Open up Network and Internet and go to the Network and Sharing Center
3. Click on Change adapter settings on the left hand panel.
4. This will bring up a list of adapters present on your computer. Most people will have a Local Area Connection while laptop users will add a Wireless Network Connection and possibly a Bluetooth Network Connection...go ahead and right click on Local Area Connection and click on Properties
5. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
6. Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.
7. In the properties window you will see a few radio boxes with both of them saying Obtain an IP/DNS Address Automatically....we will leave the IP address alone and will change the Obtain DNS....to use the following:

In the Preferred DNS server boxes enter this sequence: 8.8.8.8
In the Alternate DNS server boxes enter this sequence: 8.8.4.4

8. Check the validate settings upon exit (Optional) check box, click OK, and then Close to finish.

9. Windows will check your settings (if you checked the option above) and you will be finished! Now start surfing to feel the effects of a quicker and more secure browsing experience!