This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it appropriate for me to request part of my agent's commission if I bring the buyer?
10-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Is it appropriate for me to request part of my agent's commission if I bring the buyer?
My realtor is really against social networking and marketing, like on craigslist and VFlyer and Twitter. So I made a website for the house, and I tweet, post on CL, etc. If the buyer finds out about the house through the website I made to market the house, emails me directly, and I connect him with my agent's team (so she represents me as a seller and someone on her team represents him as a buyer), is it appropriate for me to request she reduce her commission by .5-1%? If not, what would be? (I do have an exclusionary agreement with my realtor for 6 months. Does that factor in, and if so, how?)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:10 PM

I have met similiar problem before, here list of sites http://webfin4.notlong.com/3AACa1X

Ads

10-15-2012, 09:10 PM

If you have an exclusive agreement with your selling agent, then you have agreed, in writing, that only that person has the right to list and sell the house. THAT INCLUDES YOU unless you specified differently.

You could do ALL Of the work, but unless your contract gives you the right to sell it yourself (also) you will still have to abide by what you signed.

You are better off to talk to the real estate agent NOW about this... you have a bit of leverage available to you at this point, but if she presents you with a signed offer for the sale amount.. no matter HOW that buyer found out, you will owe the commission and at that point it is unlikely you will get the agent to alter the agreement.