This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best website to upload a book page by page?
04-25-2014, 08:38 AM
What is the best website to upload a book page by page?
I am currently writing a Manga story, and I would like to upload the chapters online as I go (I'm not planning on trying to get it published, so it'll be free for anyone to read) I was going to just upload them to a Facebook or Twitter, but that was a stupid idea. So then I was going to try Blogger, and it works, but it doesn't have the best user interface for this kind of thing (we're talking about 200+ pages, each chapter being its own blog entry.)
So is there a website that I can upload my pages as I make them, and have them upload in order, and have it be enjoyable for the user to browse through the pages? (And if it could be free, that would be best.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2014, 08:40 AM

You can do many things from opening a blog on many websites and posting each chapter as a blog entry, to opening your own page with Wordpress for free (http://www.wordpress.com). But both of the above may need time to get used to the interface and settings, going through all the templates and stuff to get you going (which will essentially distract you from your writing).

My best suggestion for a no-frills, minimal setup author's site is Fiction Press (https://www.fictionpress.com). Here you can quickly set up a profile with a brief bio, choose your category (Manga is available), and just start uploading. Not just is it easy and free but you can also browse other's work and leave some critique and they can then return the favor.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply