This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a good letter to send to my ex?
04-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Is this a good letter to send to my ex?
Dear Mathias, Hope this finds you in great spirit and health. I had a lot to say and a lot to talk to you in person but that day never came. The day we parted ways wasn't the day to talk because neither you were in the right frame of mind to listen to and nor was I in the right frame of mind to speak because I knew what was coming. Now that the dust has settled and we are on different paths, I would appreciate if you could read this patiently with an open and receptive mind, at least for the sake of the moments we had shared once long ago. I am writing this letter to you to give myself final closure on what happened between us. I remember a long time ago we were in your apartment in New York City and I started crying on our last day. You may think I cried just because I couldn’t wait to see you again but the fact is, I cried because I knew that it would be the last time we would see each other. I used to think that you were a lot better than me appearance wise, success wise and intelligence wise. Don’t get me wrong, I still think you have all of those traits but after a few months’ time I realized I had them just as much as you. I am no longer that insecure, awkward sixteen year old girl that I was when I met you. I still say “fAnny” and sometimes my gum does get stuck to my face when I try to blow a bubble (okay maybe more than sometimes) and I still think that Fat is a rude term and elegantly filled seems more proper but despite all that I have changed drastically in other aspects. On March 3’rd, 2013 I went to my cousins work to pick up my fake ID for our trip. She is a registered nurse in a hospital. As I walked in I looked at my surroundings and the faces on the nurses and it hit me. Do I really want this? To wipe old people’s asses for a living and clean blood off the floors? I took my ID from her and the next day in school I dropped all of my science and math classes for the arts. I was becoming an actress.That day after school I had messaged Nouri asking where you were because I couldn’t wait to tell you what I had done. You would have been so proud of me for finally following my dreams and I was so excited to tell you. I later got home to a message from a “Facebook User” claiming it was over instead. I dropped my phone at that moment and went to the closest community theater to get started on my dream. That was it. I was no longer going to waste my priceless time on irrelevant things anymore. It was time for me to focus on just myself.Today, I have managed to be in Three Major Theater Productions within Canada. I volunteer as a drama teacher in school for my community hours. I am going to Theater school in July and Los Angeles this August because I have a few auditions waiting for me and booked. I am also going to an eight week film school next winter in Toronto.I got my early acceptance to the University of Toronto for a major in Dramatic Arts and in four years time I will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts diploma. In the summer of 2015 I am moving into my very own little apartment on Younge Street downtown Toronto so I can commute to school easier.I got a shoot in May with one of Canada’s best photographers and my modeling career is back on track. I am signed with a new agency. I still put acting first over anything of course and I don’t like to take modeling as seriously as that but my shots really do help me with my acting jobs. After I graduate I am moving to Los Angeles and I know I will make it. I am overall writing this to thank you. Sometimes I wonder how you are doing and I really hope you’re doing well and still following your dreams like I am today. There were so many things I wanted us to do together but I realized that I’d rather travel the world alone. Because if I had ever traveled with someone I once loved my memory of that place would be tainted. I am supposed to head to NYC one of these months for a potential job and I dread that day. Things in Canada where you’ve never been had reminded me of you but being in the city where we were once lovers is going to be something new for me. People meet but some aren't meant to be together while some indeed are meant to be together forever. People meet for a reason. Meetings aren’t just random encounters. People meet because they’re meant to be a part of each other’s journey. I may not know it now. You may not know it now. But there was a reason why we met. Our paths have crossed to teach each other a lesson and I want you to know that I learned a lot from you. You have always made me feel wonderful in each and every moment we were together. Walking beside you, I always felt proud of being with a man who reflects dignity and grace, a man I could be with for a lifetime. Maybe it was my pride in you that made me blind towards what was coming. But I will never repent or regret that. If you have read this far, then I can only say thanks a ton for giving this a patient reading
A simple acknowledgement of the fact that you have read this would suffice and help me be at peace with myself. I can't thank you enough for being a part of some of the most wonderful moments in my life so far. If I had given you even one moment of happiness, I will feel honoured and privileged. I wish things were different but some things in life are perhaps just not meant to be.
This is the final goodbye I never got to give you. Best in life.
-Kat

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2014, 04:13 PM

Burn it. If you send this, and your plans do not develop as you have planned, you may get a letter ridiculing everything you have said. You won't be the first actress who thought she was on her way to the top and failed to get there. But good luck along the way. Forget about this guy and live your life going forward. Only a person with regrets writes this kind of letter.

Ads

04-25-2014, 04:27 PM

Good one, give it a try! But keep in mind that the longer a letter (in terms of pages), the more postage it'll take.
04-25-2014, 04:29 PM

I think you should tell him what you ARE going to do, instead tell him what you WANT to do. I do think you should send him the letter cause it appears as though it's you moving on. He should know that instead of breaking you, the mistake of letting you go has resulted to you being the the strong person you have become. But anyways its your life go with what you think is best.
All the best in your life.