This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possession over bestfriend?
04-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Possession over bestfriend?
I have always had alot of friends, but i love having that one best friend that i can tell everything to and do alot of stuff with. When i came to college i met this girl in my class and we immediately became best friends. We did everything together. I just think she is the coolest person ive ever met and i really want to be like her because shes awesome at everything and so confident. Well she moved to a farther away building and i dont see her much anymore because were both so busy and its hard. I have this feeling of possessiveness over her... like i constantly check her twitter and instagram and facebook... and i always try to go to places on campus where i think she will be like certain food places... Why am i doing this? Is this normal? I just dont want to lose her in my life because it feels like she is a part of me now. I'm not a lesbian right? I have never wanted to kiss her or anything like that, i dont even find her that pretty but this feeling of possessiveness has got my head just wondering why am i like this?! I have other great friends here... please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 12:05 AM

First of all, you're not a lesbian. Lesbians feel sexual attraction to someone of the same sex. That's not the case with you. You are, in my opinion, obsessive over this girl. This is unhealthy to you, and if she feels you're too clingy your relationship could be ruined. You're doing it for various psychological reasons, and you would need a psychologist to discover these. From personal experience, I've found that I become obsessive over people in times where I'm not satisfied with my own life. It's easier to live in her shoes - which you're doing by constantly checking her Twitter, Instagram, etc. That was from my experience, though, and your reason could be totally different. You should probably see a doctor to figure out why you're doing this, but it's not a bad thing by any means. You shouldn't feel abnormal because of it. Many people have their own ways of escaping, and I believe yours is through this girl. But remember I'm not your doctor and I've never met you, so don't go totally off my word. This is only based on a few psychology courses and personal experience.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply