This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I help my friend?
04-26-2014, 04:09 AM
How can I help my friend?
My friend with autism was talking to a girl on plenty fish and they got along fine at first, like she would message him or that, but then he asked if they could meet and if she would call him or that, and she said maybe. But then she never calls him or shows up, he then keeps talking to her and she ignores his posts, she then blocks him and then unblocks him, he then keeps obsessing over meeting her but when she confirms she never ends up meeting him like in a few messages. He also is obsessing over her now and thinks she loves him when the opposite is true, and he keeps thinking if I found her maybe then she would love me, should I try to help my friend snap out of this and realize the truth or let him live in his fantasies, the worst part is I caught him masturbating over her and he would jack off over pictures of her. And he's considering committing suicide now because she won't meet him or doesn't feel the same way she feels about him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 04:12 AM

You should encourage him to seek professional help... ASAP. If he is talking about suicide, he wil likely follow through. Get your friend help, right away!

Ads

04-26-2014, 04:19 AM

A girl meeting someone that she met over social media is a dangerous thing (lots of girls get kidnapped and trafficked this way). I'm not accusing your friend of anything, I'm just pointing out something she may be thinking. Your job is to be his friend, to help him realize what is love vs. what is obsession. I did the same thing years ago, and it took some really drastic measures (actually not on my part) to get him to let go. You need to love him through this, tell him how many people do love him, and that he is worth keeping around, because there will be someone worth waiting around for.