This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CLICK THIS!!! How do I get my children's book published?
04-26-2014, 01:08 PM
CLICK THIS!!! How do I get my children's book published?
I wrote I book when I was seven years-old that was very good (no, really) and because my family saw my writing potential, they got it professionally illustrated, copyrighted and I sold a whole LOT of them to my family members, church, and I even got to read it to a large elementary class when I was a kid. I am a teen now and I realize that my book really was good. I want to start letting it work for me and get it into some stores to see if it will generate revenue. Could someone give me a detailed way I can do this? Do you know of any publishers who just LOVE the idea of a kid writing a good quality book and would love to publish the book? LOL Thank You!!!! My dream is to have my book in Barnes & Nobles stores nationwide because it's always been my favorite book store!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 01:10 PM

Yes - your dream may come true!

First step is to join KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) and NOOK Press (B&N). Once you join there you need to prepare your book in electronic way and start to sell there to see market traction. In traditional book world there is author, publisher and seller and yes - they are publisher oriented. This mean that w/o publisher you can't join AMZN or B&N to publish. Both companies want to break this monopoly and that's why for eBook publishing they offer direct publishing as independent author.

Ads

04-26-2014, 01:18 PM

You could try contacting your local B&N store and seeing if they will give you a slot. While you are there look at the children section and note down the name of every publisher and then contact them direct. In the UK there is the "writers and artists yearbook" (avail on amazon) and that might be worth buying or at least looking at, or maybe there is a US version?.