This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you trust eBay??????????
04-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Can you trust eBay??????????
I want to buy an eye of horus locket replica from House of Anubis off eBay, but it is being sold from the USA and I'm in the UK. My mum wont let me buy it from an american company because she thinks i wont get it and they will just take the money. Is this true? if you can trust eBay please tell me because i really want a locket and if she sees the answer then she might let me have one. thanks
they also send it to the uk by the way just so you know they can sell it to us for pounds

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 11:01 PM

You can trust ebay but not always the users on it.
Check the sellers feedback. If they have no feedback or very little or just feedback for buying and not selling then beware.
If they have good feedback and plenty of it then you should be fine.

Ads

04-26-2014, 11:04 PM

Yes. I've been on eBay for over 10 years.

The key is feedback ratings.

Before making a purchase, make sure they have at least 50 feedback ratings with 99% positive or more.

I'm in US and I buy from China. I've never had a problem. I always had my item delivered.

Ebay and PayPal have awesome buyer protection if something does happen. Just submit a dispute and the seller will have no choice but to make it right, or else they can get a mark against their account.

Overall, I have over 500 feedback and most of it was from buying stuff. I always use eBay before I step foot in a retail store.

Hope this helps!
04-26-2014, 11:06 PM

Remember you need to be 18 to use ebay/Paypal (and don't even think of lying...), so your mum would need to buy it on your behalf.

Also you will be charged import VAT at 20%, a fee of at least £8 to collect the VAT and you may also have to pay duty.
04-26-2014, 11:16 PM

you can always trust ebay because i have bought many items from ebay and i had never had a problem. if i give them a message about a problem, then they will solve it. this happened to me with every seller. they even give me refunds or they send another one if i say i did not receive one. however, U.S money and UK money will differ so you might pay more or less. so make sure to check. the bad thing is, you will have to pay more for the shipping and it will take longer
04-26-2014, 11:23 PM

YES