This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the best way to get people to sign a petition?
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
What's the best way to get people to sign a petition?
Okay, so my town Ashbourne is a historic market town in England, and it's market is being shut down and turned into parking by the council. This is really important to the beautiful town and it's one of it's main features.
My dad is big on twitter, and has got involved in the situation, has set up an online petition and is promoting it via twitter.

So how can we get more people to sign it? We have 17 at the moment.

Should I set up a facebook group and add people to it? Is there a way for people not to know that it's me who's set it up?
If anyone would like to sign it, it would be greatly appreciated to help save our market heritage
http://www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/about_...tionID=194

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Hold them at gun point

Ads

Fear Monger.

I can tell you a way that doesn't work. Don't attack people on the streets with a clipboard...

going on a hunger strike might get people to sign your petition

Get the local newspaper to report on it and that might get the locals out in force Smile

Change.org

Great site to post petitions and get people to sign them.

gather people and rebel

Just get the word out there. Put up some flyers around town with the website. Email your friends and ask them to pass it along too.

Do a facebook page if you like, and here's an idea.....it's some work, but if you can go to where this is located and take some video, and include a SHORT synopsis of what's going on and post it to youtube, you can include the website to the petition and maybe it will help funnel people there. They will sign it if they want to, but I think people should band together against this sort of cop-out city governments engage in.

I'll pass your petition page along to others.

Good luck.

The only time I have signed a petition is when someone came to my door or when I was in the city (chicago) and someone approached me on the sidewalk.

You could also hand out flyers that would link to a website where they could add their name to sign the petition, and try to get them to text or email someone else to sign the petition also.