This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have a chance with her?
04-27-2014, 01:19 AM
Do I have a chance with her?
There is this girl I have liked for this entire year. (I'm in 8th grade) And she and I were very close friends the entire year. We skyped usually 5 times a week. For most of the year. Later on in january of this year we were at a party and we almost kissed but my friend called me so it ruined the moment. The next day i was skyping her and she said she liked me and i told her i liked her back. A week later (the day before i WAS GOING to ask her out) she told me she didnt like like me anymore and we should just be friends. And she said she likes my bestfriend (who i have been friends with for 5 years and have never gotten in a fight ever). I tell my bestfriend who thinks the girl i like is gross so he says i dont have to worry cuz he is not going to anything. But he starts to text her and tell her she's pretty and flirts and the next weekend they make out at a friends house. But after that my best friend called me that night (me not knowing what has happened yet) saying he is so sorry and feels really bad while crying so two days later i forgive (just cuz he was my best friend) and he blocked the girl on all social media possible like instagram, facebook, ask.fm, text, call, etc. And they never talked again. I stopped talking to her too. But this last week she has been talking to me again and we have become really close again. And she flirting with me and grabbing my ass and doesnt stop staring at me in class. And we talk in the back of class for most of the time (when she is not staring at me). And im starting to like her again. Do i have a chance with her still and if so what should i do

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 01:31 AM

Woman at times are hard to figure out.

Could you possibly be making dating choices mainly based upon whether someone likes you and you like them? Unfortunately this approach to dating, used by most people, usually leads to a broken heart.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), puts forth their best effort, and displays self-control (of their body, anger, tongue and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already), forget about this girl unless she’s a strong person (sorry but it doesn't sound like it), and eventually look for this type of girl (otherwise you are setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of woman is difficult to find - but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply