This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet That Doesn't Use Local phone line?
04-27-2014, 03:05 AM
Internet That Doesn't Use Local phone line?
Hello people!

Today I have a question about internet... We live In an area Were There IS NO cable. And no cable companie would bring a line out here unless more people wanted their service.
So cable is out of the picture.
Verizon is the ONLY local internet / phone provider. But we can nolonger afford the 80$ a month for Both PHONE AND internet. And verzion no longer offers internet only plans.

Is there anyway we can get internet maybe through prepaid or satileite, that costs 65$ OR LESS (no more then)
And doesnt limit too 5 -15 gbs a month?

I do semi professional gaming. And my parents Use face book and games and email as well as youtube. I stream / youtube and game 7hrs a day. my last check on internet was about 65GBS that month.....

So Basically What I'm asking for is internet that doesnt require home phone line (prepaid / satelite / free standing) that would work in my area and be less then our verizon bill and not limit data,

((We found Earthlink frestanding for 14$ a month.. But our phoneline has to be disabled to get it set up... and then if it doesnt work we cant contact them.. lol...))
update
t & A.M. cool? doesn't really answer my question,
chasvanblom. not starting a business... and cant afford the 80$ a month as it is you really think we can afford a super huge satellite set up?

If someone could give me an actual.. and practical within means answer, I'd appreciate it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 03:16 AM

Cable networks, Dish networks, 3G and 4G networks such as Verizon. My daughter runs one of those that uses up to 2g of bandwidth per month. No wires of any kind. All wireless.

Ads

04-27-2014, 03:25 AM

Supposing that you live in the Burbs,,,
I had your very-same-issue until I DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

%The setting was back in the 1980's. - Living in a region where it takes an entire entourage of pac-mules, a team of wagons, a heard of cows, sheep, a flock of chickens, and a team of camels (we have to make sure to arrive with water!) to travel across the plains to go to town - merely to buy groceries.
My region having THE BARE ESSENTIALS to survive - at that, very-spotty (Electric Gas and even worse Telephone) service, I started my own (home-based) Cable TV system.
I built my entire CATV (Cable TV) system from the ground-up.

I purchased and placed two 3 Meter (size) dishes in my back yard,
with the Head-end equipment, the 2 inch distribution cable, all the distribution amplifiers, splitters, taps and relating equipment and a ditcher.
I buried the miles and miles of cable throughout my neighborhood (in the allies) to service each subscriber.

Neighbors being quite ISOLATED (many more are simply NOSY) my P.R. was very easy. - I had merely to mention to one of my neighbors "Cable TV service is now available within our neighborhood!"
This P.R. took-off like wildfire!

I serviced enough subscribers for the larger CATV system within the city to begin noticing me. - After enough building, adding and spreading-word about my CATV system, the larger CATV system decided to purchase my system with my list of subscribers.
When they had the funds to simply BUILD OVER my region, I reasoned I should see this as a bird in my hand.

Accepting to sell my CATV system, the larger (city) CATV is now available within my suburb.
Case-settled.

Now being 2014 (since the Digital-bubble-burst during the 1990's) most of my neighbors and more within the city are using Private Satellite Dish service that is attached to their own houses.

These 7 inch dishes are tacked onto your house to receive satellite signals directly from the transmission satellites in orbit around the earth.

CABLE TELEVISION has been out-dated. - It is now totally either Home satellite or WiFi. <-Many such systems offer these COMBINED services (satellite with home telephone.)

I use a Cellular telephone as my home service. <-This Cellular telephone is also being outdated in favor of WiFi.

When my telephone service contract expires (July) I might change to a WiFi service depending on my needs and price. - I hear that APPLE® products are popular.

Good luck.