This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phone does not stay connected to Wifi.?
04-27-2014, 04:33 AM
Phone does not stay connected to Wifi.?
So my iPhone 5 is connected to the Wifi on my laptop, meaning my laptop is a hotspot. The thing is, my phone does not stay connected to the Internet.

For example I first connected to the internet and do my stuff. Then, if leave my phone idle for about 10 minutes, I come back to it, it is STILL connected with Wifi (It has all 3 bars filled), but there is no internet access. I have to manually turn off and on my Wifi in the settings to get it working again. Just an annoying thing. Is there an easy fix?
iOS is up to date. I'm the only one using the Wifi from my laptop for my phone, so it's not busy at all.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 04:46 AM

This is not the phone - it is the carrier. I have Verizon with a Droid and depending on where I am and how busy the network is Version will drop internet for 10 minutes or so on a regular basis. Sometimes it works for hours and sometimes not. I am fairly sure this has to do with how busy the network is and signal strength.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply