This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Extremely slow Internet connection?
04-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Extremely slow Internet connection?
My wireless Internet connection used to be super fast. However, it has been extremely slow lately. Websites take about half a minute to load and need to be refreshed a lot, the download speed drastically decreased (around 20 kb/s), and I often get timed-out or disconnected.

I have tried using some programs (TweakMaster and WinSockFix) to help boost my Internet speed but they did not help at all. I have also tried repairing my wireless Internet connection, but that did not help either.

What could be the cause of this, and is there any way to fix the problem?

Thank you very much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 10:27 PM

Go with charter

Ads

04-27-2014, 10:33 PM

it could be that your computer has a virus or spyware.
04-27-2014, 10:37 PM

I had this problem after many money spent on phone calls it turned out to be my router, I had to replace it as it had somehow stopped workin, they claimed it is usually damaged but on the inside
04-27-2014, 10:42 PM

look in task manager to see what running. you may have software using the net. or maybe even a trojan trying to send spam. or it could be just the sever is over loaded.
04-27-2014, 10:43 PM

I am assuming you have antivirus and antispyware software; that they are up-to-date and that you run them regularly. If any of this is not true, then you probably know what the problem is.
04-27-2014, 10:46 PM

"Your cheap-o ISP probably.<
04-27-2014, 10:48 PM

you should download some antivirus program cuz this also happened to my computer and after i downloaded it my internet went it original speed
04-27-2014, 10:50 PM

When I had that problem it turned out the signal to my broadband was weak in my area causing packet drops which means that the internet would disconnect for seconds and then reconnect and disconnect again continually. So it would appear that the page was loading slow but it was just disconnecting and reconnecting. I called my internet provider and they had to check the line but the problem was fixed. You might want to call them.
04-27-2014, 10:57 PM

If you are using analog and not dsl than you need to upgrade. This will help you along a bit faster. Another reason could be if you are using wireless connections, in this case, call a technician. Or the Geek squad (Best buys).