This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I speed up my internet connection?
04-27-2014, 10:25 PM
How can I speed up my internet connection?
i have an internet connection of 256kbps but it only shows 20 to 30 kbps while downloading. it takes hours in downloading large files. how can i speed it up. i have also tried every accelerator software but that doesn't help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 10:33 PM

That's about what you should expect with that connection speed.

Your only recourse is to pay for a faster connection, I would suggest a minimum of 1 Mbit/s but you will soon think this is slow.

Mine is 8 Mbit/s and I already wish I had paid for 24 Mbit/s.

Ads

04-27-2014, 10:36 PM

go to http://www.speedtest.net

check your true ISP internet speed

also most of the time the reason why your internet downloads slow is because the site that uploads has a limited bandwith, meaning it can only upload at say 1mb/s and you can only download at 1mb/s even though your top speed is 10mb/s
04-27-2014, 10:37 PM

The internet connection is rated at 256kbps when it is shown it is shown in kBps, in which 20 to 30 kBps is correct for your connection. Only way to get faster is to subscribe to a faster internet provider.
04-27-2014, 10:38 PM

There are no programs that will significantly speed up any downloads, in fact most of them are spyware and will slow your speeds down. You can close and open connection ports to help. Not using bandwidth on other connection while downloading helps. having a good router (if using one) with good MTU settings will help. The wiring in your house and ISP zone will help. But as far as you doing anything i can only reccomend not using any bandwith while downloading, Im assuming your using dial up or DSL which is Phone signal based which means Upload and download are on the same channel and thus effect each other therefore dont upload either, to make it go a bit faster. For best results switch ISP to a higher bandwith broadband such as cable which seperates upload and downloads and offers much better speeds.
04-27-2014, 10:45 PM

Configure your browser so it won't display graphics, animations, sound, video or other multimedia content (see "How to Turn Off Sounds, Pictures or Video on Web Pages").

Surf when Internet traffic is low. Heaviest traffic is usually on weekends and evenings.

Use your cache effectively. "Cache" refers to storage space where your recently visited Web sites are saved. You may need to resize your cache allotment, or you may need to purge your cache periodically. Look through your browser's menus for items named Cache, Temporary Internet files and so on.

Upgrade your modem. 56.6 kb/s modems are the fastest telephone modems available.

Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem and so on.
04-27-2014, 10:53 PM

Ok...You can install Speed Boost softwares,or reinstall the Browser,or follow the Speed Up tips..You can do anyone of them to speed up the Internet..If you can't get the speed you can call the ISP...in here http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ You can check the Internet Speed at very fast...Then for software,tips details,yu can reach the Google...