This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do people think the iPhone 5 is so amazing?
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
What do people think the iPhone 5 is so amazing?
I'm talking mostly about the iPhone 5 but it has also been the case with past iPhone models. The new iphone is more than a year behind other smartphones yet people hail it as the most amazing smartphone. It is a few years late incorporating LTE technology, turn by turn navigation, facebook integration and many other features. There are numerous other android phones out on the market that are significantly better, so why does the iphone continue to be so popular? The iphone has to be one of the least customizable smartphones out there, you can customize a windows phone more. I think the only reason why the iphone continues to do well is because it has the apple logo on it and the physical look is appealing to consumers. People don't bother to do the research on a phone before they go to purchase it, they just go in and get the most popular phone, which for some reason is the iphone. Let me know what your opinion is. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:11 PM

I still prefer my Samsung Galaxy S3

Ads

"People don't bother to do the research on a phone before they go purchase it, they just go in and get the most popular phone"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Don't be too upset though, they will be out hundreds of dollars over a practically identical phone.

I don't sow much diferences with iphone 4

You answered your own question- Apple is king of marketing. That's it.

iPods? You mean MP3 players that existed for 5-plus years earlier? iPads? You mean tablets, right? Oh, and the iPhone was the first smartphone- there were no Blackberry phones or Palm devices, either.

When the phone costs $205 to produce and is sold for $500, you can dump a lot into marketing to keep this standard.

I like my Samsung galaxy s2. Will get the s3 soon. The iPhone is junk. Its just a fashion statement.

I can sort of agree with you, there's way too much hype around the releases of iPhones. But I always maintain that it's the best phone out there for most users. No, it's not customizable, but many people don't want customization. They just want a simple, easy to use interface from a company with great customer service. Also, smartphones are all about the apps. iOS still has the largest app store on a smartphone, and higher quality apps also, because developers put more money and effort into iPhone apps because they know that's where people will be making the most purchases.

The only smartphone that I consider to be equally matched to the iPhone is the Samsung Galaxy Note II, which will be released in five or six weeks.

Just offering an opinion Smile

a lot of it has to do with original users. it is hard to take someone away from their first smartphone. poeple dump TONS of time and money into the apple ecosystem (apps, music, movies) and they think they will loose all of them if they go to another platform. i know music can tansfer over but not sure about videos...and i know apps can't

then there is the ease of use. i showed my buddy my galaxy nexus...he loved the large screen and the look of the phone but absolutely 'panicked" when i showed him how to add widges and icons to the home screen. he said "i just want it to work without me thinking about it"

those 2 things pretty much sum up the apple buyers. they are falling WAY behind in technology....i personally dont like iOS at all....even though it has a larger app base i would still take a Windows phone8 over it any day. but i have android and will always have it.