This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i have my IGCSE exams in 2 weeks and how should i study for it? im really stressing out!?
04-27-2014, 10:30 PM
i have my IGCSE exams in 2 weeks and how should i study for it? im really stressing out!?
im taking:
-English literature
-english language
-maths
-physics
-chem
-biology
-geog
-economics
-art

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 10:33 PM

Hi there

This may help alleviate the stress and get you focussed.

1. Use the 50/10 rule for each of your subjects. Allocate 50 minutes of uninterrupted study for each of your subjects with a 10 minute mandatory break in between.
2. Use mind-mapping as way of revision. Write the main topic/theme of the subject in the middle of a page and then working outwards write down the key points/facts along with examples that are relevant to that, turn the page over and see what you can recall. Ask a family member to test you at least you can gauge how you are doing.
3. Focus on areas of the subject that you are not yet conversant with - NOT- on what you already know and are comfortable with - this saves time.
4. Develop your speed-reading skills. If you have been given handouts look for key words, examples, dates, times, key participants, formulas for each of your subjects. The same applies for any books that you have had to read, go to the index and look for relevant chapters and pages, and like handouts note down the same points.
5. Minimise all distractions this includes having phone calls taken by family members, use the computer for research only. FB and other social networks are NOT a priority your revision is.
6. If you have a study area make sure it is quiet as possible, clear of all clutter, if you have desk and the chair should be comfortable with good lighting as well as well ventilated. Mobile phone should be set to divert or switched off.
7. Rotate through your subjects couple a hard subject with one you like, that way you can see it as reward and motivation to keep revising.
8. Keep to a study schedule as best as possible and make sure that you allocate the time you need for each subject so that by the time the exams commence you should have gone through them twice.

Day before the exam try to lightly revise for any subject you think may need more attention but do not make it all day.

Do not on the day of the exam(s) undertake any last minute revision it will only make the day more stressful and perhaps lead to confusion. Have a clear and relaxed mind, avoid getting into conversations as to what the exam might be like, you can only be asked questions where the subject content had been covered.

My experience as a University Course Administrator is that student's for one reason or another seem to think that they will be asked questions that have not been covered. Do not ask me why, but it seems to occupy some students thoughts.

Do not panic or get stressed if you take a few deep breaths and stick to a program you should be ok and I wish you all the best with your studies.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mr. Books

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply