This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An Internet provider whom I have never used suddenly began sending me huge bills.?
04-27-2014, 10:36 PM
An Internet provider whom I have never used suddenly began sending me huge bills.?
I am a Time Warner satisfied customer but I took a spell of having to trim down on the expenses due to medical problems. Therefore I chose to disconnect my television and cable service for a time. When I wanted to get on line I paid my neighbor twenty dollars a month to share their wireless connection. That was not working out to well as the connection kept vanishing just like my twenty dollars I was giving them each month. So I decided that their taking my money for about two hours of connection each month was for the birds and I would just restart my service with Time Warner.

Time Warner was fabulously fast and hassle free in getting me hooked back up. The problem is that I let my other neighbors talk me into trying Fr?nti?? Communications. I called in the beginning of January and they said they had to check my credit first. Well, my credit is all good but for medical bills so that was OK by me. But I would only give them my State Id number and told them no way was I giving them my soc. I patiently waited for them to approve my credit but about a week later I received a letter from them in the mail which said they needed my social as the State Id number was not showing anything up for them.

What do you think I called them and told them? Any guesses?

After telling me I was not approved and after never sending any rep to my home nor even providing with a modem or means to access their service, the last to months they have sent me bills for $163 and .93 cents minus a $12 and 97 cents credit.

The people I paid to share their wireless are with another company entirely. They go through one of the cell phone companies.

Has anyone else had this problem? I called them a half dozen times since it began and found out today that they have still not corrected the problem. Now I am getting angry and ready to tell it on the news channels.
John: It has begun right here. But I told the rep on the phone just today that I am tired of their saying they will correct it and that it takes time. I told the rep what I will do if I don't get written proof from them in a very few days that this matter has been solved and I owe them nothing I pursue legal actions against them.

The call today was about my sixth time calling them. I called three or four times in January and they gave me the kiss behind the ear treatment but delivered no followup. I have called them three or four times this month with the same results, promises which when I wait a few days and check back into the matter I find the claim yet exists.

This matter threatens my civil liberty by it's potential to cause credit problems which would unfairly restrict me.

Further, it would seem that this is a form of identity theft being committed by them as the phone number which is a part of the account number is bogus and they admit they assigned that phone nu
.... mber.

That is a practice our society ought to not allow as it is all too likely they assign bogus numbers so they can claim in court that you defrauded them, which puts the matter in a totally different arena legally and complicates the defense.

That is why I am angered so much by this. I have a bit of a background in the study of law and can see these things and more. They appear to be doing bussiness l;ike gangsters.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 10:43 PM

Whats stopping u

Ads

04-27-2014, 10:48 PM

I don't see why you haven't proceed with legal action. You have not received any services for the matter and they still are trying to charge you. Ask for legal advice in order to know how to proceed from here.