This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I feel bad for being annoyed that my grandmother comments on every Facebook status I post?
04-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Should I feel bad for being annoyed that my grandmother comments on every Facebook status I post?
So I'm eighteen and I rarely see my grandmother because she lives in California and I live in Texas. I post Facebook statuses about once every other day, and I can't remember the last time I posted one she didn't comment on. It's like she thinks that I'm talking to her and she has to respond. I know she's just trying to connect with me, which is why I feel kinda bad for being seriously annoyed that she connects on every status I post, with questions and such (for example, I'll say, "anyone around me wanna go see a movie this weekend?" And she'll reply, "what movie?" And then proceed to carry out a long conversation (mostly one-way). I guess I hold a little bit of resentment for her because she abandoned my dad and two younger siblings when they were kids (ages thirteen, eight and five), and since I have such strong maternal instincts, I find it very hard to genuinely respect her. I love her, don't get me wrong, but I prefer to keep my maintain my once a year, two hour-long visit with her. She's also been very disrespectful towards my parents and their decisions in raising my brother and I, which also makes it hard for me to respect her. She's the kind of person who you can say, "I've got terminal cancer and I'm about to die, please come see me" to, and she'll be like, "oh sorry, I'm actually really busy, do you think you could hold it off for two weeks?" Anyway. Honestly, I'm really temped to just block her from seeing my statuses. Is that wrong of me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 10:59 PM

Nah. That is common to be annoyed, and common to have that happen.

I have a workmate that said his father-in-law likes EVERY status he posts.

Lol.

Old people act differently on Facebook.

They have no prior MySpace or other social network experience, so they don't realize how annoying it can be.

I have a cousin that is easily 300 lbs. that has to post at least 100 pictures of food per day, and another that HAS to post one of those meaningless sayings with the "Thumbs-up if you agree".

Ugh.

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:08 PM

No, that's not wrong of you. I was going to suggest you do that. Just block her from your statuses,I don't think your Grandmother is that technologically savvy where she will realize this has been blocked. If you want to establish some sort of bond with her, just reach out every now and again the old fashion way via phone and mail(like letters).
04-27-2014, 11:12 PM

NO My granmda used to always do this to me and i thought of it as no big deal because you the f cares people you go to school with? in the long run you should care about your gma more anyways mine is dead now and everyday i post something to her or send her a message on fb etc i miss her a lot and would want a post back from her any day!