This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many employees does Facebook have, and how are they benefiting the economy. Just 2 billionaires and a few?
04-27-2014, 11:05 PM
How many employees does Facebook have, and how are they benefiting the economy. Just 2 billionaires and a few?
computer geeks?

At least the billionaires of decades ago employed 100,0000 to 2 million people with high paying jobs. The beaknosed parasite at Facebook does NOTHING whatsoever to benefit the economy, employs a handful of people, and just rakes in the money for himself.

What can we do to stop this vile form of economy where people can be worth billions of dollars while hiring no people and not even participating in real commerce? China is laughing their way to the bank, while we allow our economy to be controlled by a few beaknosed parasites?

All people like that... Buffett, Soros, and Facebook Zuck-f*ck hire NO EMPLOYEES, and just screw everyone else, while raking in the money like bloodthirsty demons. This must stop.

Advertising is a form of parasitism, and it already existed 1500 years before Facebook existed. For you to say that Facebook promotes commerce because of ads, is like saying Facebook invented advertising. Laughable.

Google is just as bad, but at least they hire thousands of people and are doing other things. But google is evil because they are in bed with government and are also controlled by hooknosed parasites.
the difference is, advertisers used to provide a real service - TV stations, Newspapers., etc. Now, they only steal your personal information (i.e. Facebook) and provide NO service whatsoever. And this concentration of wealth for advertisers into the hands on just one or two people is evil. We will pay for allowing this to happen. In previous eras, the money was spread out in 1000 directions and no one got mega rich from it.
haha, 1200 people my assss...

1198 salesmen on commission (parasites) and 2 billionaires at the top ( mega-parasites)

this company needs to be dismantled and outlawed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:09 PM

I am pretty sure there are several thousand programmers working on Facebook and all the applications in it. And why do you care - they are not taking your money, and they are not preventing you from earning money, unless you are a geek working for MySpace or a traditional advertising company. But that's just one "parasite" replacing the other, and in fact internet advertising wastes a lot less of society's resources and time than billboards, newspaper or TV ads.

On top of that, a small upstart has a real chance at making a successful application and getting a share of advertising profits; something that would not be likely to happen with traditional advertizing.

The only problem you seem to have with them is that they are rich, and you are not. This is called envy. And the way to deal with it is to find a way to become rich yourself, not try to destroy what others have achieved.

PS Facebook does provide a real service - it keeps you in touch with people, it is used to coordinate all sorts of activities, including political protests in places where parties are banned. It is even a source of grass-root news. In other words, it takes the power out of the hands of centralized traditional media, and gives it back to regular people. Ofc, you do not see any of that if all you do on Facebook is gossip and Farmville.

Finally, in a market economy, nobody has the authority to tell what is a real & useful service and what is a waste of resources. I.e. government cannot do that, and neither can you. The only measure is market demand - if people want it and are willing to pay for it, it is a good thing.
If you feel people want the wrong thing, you have taken the first step towards thought control.

PPS If you want to do mindless manual work and have a middle-class lifestyle, move to Mexico.

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:15 PM

Facebook has about 1200 employees. I think they would disagree with you about
"hiring no people".

I'm still unsure why/how you feel that you are harmed by advertising. You don't have to respond to it if you don't want to. Advertising is what allows people to provide a service like Facebook. I think there are quite a few million people who believe that's at least somewhat valuable to them. If you don't find it valuable, don't use it.

I think, though, that the term "hooknosed parasites" says a lot about the source of your discontent.
04-27-2014, 11:17 PM

I heard facebook has a little over a thousand while twitter has around a thousand.