This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Can I Help Them?
04-27-2014, 11:10 PM
How Can I Help Them?
I want to start a fundraiser that can help hungry kids get food, water, clothes, etc, but I have no idea what to do. I know I can go to my school for help but I still no nothing what so ever on the subject. Examples: How would I even send it to them?
How do I start the fundraiser?
Where are good places to do this?
If you could help me answer this it would be very appreciated. Any extra information would help me as well. Also to mention since the school year is almost over, what would be other ways to get the food, clothes, water. ect. I hope I can do this, but I'm clueless.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:20 PM

I would do an event such as a family fun day, cake sale, etc. Make some posters, make a Facebook event, tell people around school or family about it. I would just ask for donations such as 50p per cake or £3 entry fee for the fun day and then they can donate more if they please. As for clothes, ask people to bring clothes in a black bag that they do not want and then you could put it in them large charity bins outside of supermarkets. The money you raised could be sent to UNICEF or some similar charity. I would ask to hire out a community hall or a field if it is hot and say it is for a charity and they will usually let you hire the hall for free. The same goes with hiring furniture etc.

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:27 PM

I am puzzled where these "hungry" kids are ? Does the asker mean Africa ? In the west kids are usually obese ?

I would donate to the established charities that know who is the most needy. Its so hard to do it yourself from scratch and get all the legal approvals,etc.
04-27-2014, 11:28 PM

that is very generous of you; start a charity stall!