This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i track sales that are routed through my site?
04-27-2014, 11:15 PM
How do i track sales that are routed through my site?
How do sites track sales that are made through browsing on other sites? Is there a way that the source site gets updated automatically when a sale is made?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:20 PM

Google analytic can track when the person leaves the site and what page? I am assuming you dont have access to the other site? Also you should be able to see your sales stats and compare them to google analytic

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:29 PM

I assume you are talking about some affiliate system, I'm afeaid as a rule you have to trust the store making the sales to properly record your leads resulting in sales, affiliates generally have to visit the store control panel to view their stats or wait for an email report? In some cases te monthly commission cheeck and report are all of the data an affiliate receives.

Here is a mockup demo of an affiliate control panel that would have to be visited to get sales figures:
http://demo.idevdirect.com/account.php

This looks like the sort of software a smaller self managed affiliate program may employ, look through the feature description to learn an affiliate manager's capabilities.
http://www.idevdirect.com/idevaffiliate.php

It's fairly common knowledge that some CPA networks "shave" commissions to those under performing affiliates who are sending an excess of dog leads that don't convert. Some smaller CPA networks advertising higher paying might be compensating for this by 'forgetting' to report some conversions.