This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you rank websites for local towns?
04-27-2014, 11:18 PM
How do you rank websites for local towns?
Hi there,
I am doing some local SEO for someone who wants their business to rank in a handful of towns in the same county. I’ve put the names of the towns in the meta tags, have the main address on website, created a geo sitemap and listed in a few local directories. I have also created a Google Places account and optimised them.

Is there anything else I am missing? I can’t put all the names of the towns in the tile as they will be to long so just want to keep the title’s and descriptions as the business name and keywords.
Is there anything else I need to do? or any recommendations you could give to help me?

Many Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:26 PM

Too difficult to say from what you have written. The best route is to do the search yourself on Google - e.g. "plumbing anytown" and see what comes up.

Usually it is directories such as Yellow Pages - get listings in those...

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:35 PM

Google Place directory for a local town is great. You should also research long tail keywords for your particular industry. For example, Indian restaurants Salt Lake City. It is also helpful to have SEO content with the keywords 3x throughout the page. You can try backlinking also.
04-27-2014, 11:37 PM

To create a simple website you can use word press or blogger. This is very simple and easy.