This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Google Chrome so slow right now?
04-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Why is Google Chrome so slow right now?
So i downloaded a program on Google chrome. It had no viruses, but when i opened the program, it didn't come up. So it was deleted. Then i opened Google Chrome and Google didn't load, even though the internet explorer was working and the internet was working. It said it was "loading" but google never came up...or any other site for that matter. usually Google Chrome is much faster the Internet Explorer in my Experience....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:30 PM

update google chrome to latest

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:38 PM

I've had these problems too.

If I'm completely honest, I am a big fan of Google as a company and I've only ever used Google Mail since it was released in 2004, instead of Hotmail so when Chrome was released I was really excited about it.

It was brilliant at the time. The old version of Internet Explorer I didn't like and I had always been a huge fan of Mozilla Firefox but Google Chrome was far less resource leeching than Firefox. So it was good at the time when me, my parents and my girlfriend all had our old, slow computers because it loaded 10x quicker than Firefox and seemed as fast.

Then Chrome started to become really unstable. When Chrome was opened, sometimes it would not connect to any pages from the home page, so required closing and re-opening. This was OK because Chrome loaded super quick but still annoying. Also, it had the tendency to randomly crash when a few tabs were opened, which would result in the losing of web pages that you had searched for ages to find but hadn't bookmarked. Sometimes extensions didn't work either, such as Flash and there were some sites that were just completely incompatible with Chrome (my online banking site didn't like Chrome).

Therefore, I just got rid of Chome and re-installed Firefox on all the computers. It uses more resources but I'd rather wait a little longer for it to load if it will be stable. Now we all have upgraded computers I have just gone back to using only Firefox, or sometimes Internet Explorer because the current version is also excellent but doesn't provide the add-ons that Firefox does.

Chrome is a brilliant idea and I did love it at first but I'm sure many will agree that it just needs more work before it can compete properly with Firefox and it is often far too unstable.

Maybe you should try using Firefox and check out Chrome again when it has been furthar improved?