This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can I use my wave bradband modem,router on my andriod tablet any where?
04-27-2014, 11:21 PM
can I use my wave bradband modem,router on my andriod tablet any where?
I was wanting to use my own internet ,wifi on my tablet and stay connected to it as I travel around

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:23 PM

u can buy a simple thing called Portable router.
connect ur tata photon or reliance dongle and it will send wifi waves wherever u go

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:28 PM

Your own home broadband Internet connection is specific to your home. You cannot simply plug in your modem/router to any phone line and be connected to your own broadband account.

If you want to have Internet access anywhere, you will need to use the cellular (mobile) phone network. For this, you will need a different router that operates over the cellular network, and you will need a mobile phone account with mobile Internet access enabled. This can be expensive if you are accessing large amounts of data such as watching a movie.

If you have a smart phone, it may offer the facility to tether your tablet to the phone. Provided the phone has Internet access, then the tablet should be able to access the Internet via the phone.

You might be better going into a coffee shop with free WiFi, and accessing the Internet from there while you drink your favourite beverage.

I hope this helps.