This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much does a website cost?
04-27-2014, 11:27 PM
How much does a website cost?
How much does a website cost in the uk. I need a website for my business that's a bit interactive with a price calculator etc. what should I expect to pay.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:32 PM

Web hosting + domain name is cheap and you have a word press so you do not need some skills..
Your costs can be higher if you purchase an expensive wordpress theme or if you hire someone for website design, SEO, tools etc..
But hosting + domain name + free wordpress theme is actually quite cheap nowadays

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:38 PM

Do you want a domain name?
e.g. http://www.yourname.co.uk
Those are fairly cheap an can go up to $20 registration for a year, most are around $10 or cheaper.

Webhosting is cheap as well and is usually charged per month on average say $5-10 per month some offer really cheap.

You could check out Go Daddy
or just search up cheap uk website hosting and follow some trustworthy sites
04-27-2014, 11:39 PM

It very much depends. A domain itself can be picked up relatively cheaply.

Companies like this one http://www.minivps.co.uk/ will work out a package for almost any budget, starting from as little as £1.50 a month (which is peanuts)

If you are talking about actually having someone build and design one for you, you will be talking quite a lot.

Alternatively, lots of sites offer website templates that you can use for free....most of them only ask that you display their company name somewhere on the bottom of your page.

Whichever route you go down, you will need a hosting service, unless you host it yourself via your own computer. this is a little complicated if you are not very computer savvy.It also brings it's on problems with reliability (down time).

I'd recommend using a free site to build your website and the use of the hosting site I posted above.
04-27-2014, 11:44 PM

Get a basic Web building program for your computer, get a free web hosting site and find a domain name for free. If you want skilled and professional website you could pay someone to do it.
04-27-2014, 11:46 PM

NEVER use a free web hosting site or a "website in a box" for a business, it has their name on it.

A .co.uk domain name costs £9.99 for two years (that is just the name only) you then need to buy a hosting package, the one I use costs £12 / year.

You then need a web making programme. You can use "coffee cup" its abut £20 to buy it.

You then need lots of time to time, but once its up its up
04-27-2014, 11:52 PM

If you go with a Design company anywhere in the £250-£10,000 with a flat hosting fee(which will include support if needed) of anywhere in the region of £30-100 per month.
If you are a really big business possibly more, I highly recommend not going this route as the costs can outweigh the money your site brings in.

I would recommend you to register your own domain I have see lots of site disappear when the designers/hosters wont release the domain to the business and instead put it on sedo.

Goto to a good hosting company I can recommend a few if wanted that are really good (theres lots of crap out there)
Buy a template or just use wordpress and get a decent business template it will be easy to maintain and easy to add in your price calculator.
04-27-2014, 11:58 PM

Digital Systems is a Toronto, Ontario based digital marketing agency offering packages and custom website solutions. Our current promotional offer "Professionally developed business website in a week" costs C$500 (65% OFF). Details at http://digital-systems.ca/pricing