This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Computer games lagging?
04-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Computer games lagging?
A few months ago, like from January to early march, I've never had lagging problems with my computer games. And these are MMORPGs in case you were wondering.

They used to run ever so smoothly and people would always compliment me on how great my connection was in game...but for some reason, now I've started getting delays.

When I use an attacking skill, it will attack, but everyone would freeze for like 2-5 seconds, then I would finally see damage and the skill being used. And it's been like this ever since March began I think.

I admit I have downloaded a few other games since then, but do you think there's another reason my net has been lagging? Even when I'm on the internet, when I Google something it takes longer than usual for it to actually load (not all the time, but sometimes.)

Same with youtube videos.

So I wanna know...any idea why my net has been lagging? Is there any way to fix it? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks! And much love guys~

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:35 PM

What's changed since then? Anyone moved in, internet provider's changed, are you living in an apartment building or in a private home?

It could be a number of things, including wear on the hardware between you and the server of the game you're playing, or your computer may be getting 'bloated' trying to access all the resources of the game.

The first thing I'd try would be to delete/move off all the data you don't need and defragment your hard disks. If your computer is the problem, it may be time for a reformat.

Try running a speedtest (speedtest.net is reliable enough to give you an idea), though without data from 'before' it would be difficult to tell what's happened.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply