This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
google images does not return results?
04-27-2014, 11:28 PM
google images does not return results?
Hi there,

Hope someone is going to help me to understand the problem.

I've created my website and published it (using publish for free for the start). I know web's working because I have sent links to my friends who can access it and browse.

The question is: on Google you can search for images using the option "site: [web address]" - which is meant to display all the pictures from the web under the specified address.

I understand google engine/search does not show my website because it's small and new when I try to search for it, but if I point an address to the web (with the "site:" option) I expected at least to show me some results that way, which doesn't happen.

it looks as if my web has not been published live at all or am I wrong?

thanks in advance

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:35 PM

Google won't pick up your site until it has achieved a certain number of hits. They have automated search engines which record everything that happens on the web - but the can't identify something till it is being used enough.

Read up on search engine optimisation

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:44 PM

Your new site may not be indexed at all (unknown to the search engines) Google/Bing-Yahoo all have site submission forms, an alternative is, along with letting your friends know about it, getting links from a few other sites already indexed will provide a path for search spiders to discover your site on their own.

Many people would prefer to stay out of image search results, which tends to attract art thiefs more than valuable prospects. I suspect image indexing is a slower process, Site:yourSiteURL just tests for regular text search results.