This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does chromecast require an Internet enabled network connection...? Can it work with out internet ?
04-27-2014, 11:29 PM
Why does chromecast require an Internet enabled network connection...? Can it work with out internet ?
I had a chromecast setup and works well when the network is having a internet connection. I was able to cast youtube videos as well as my local videos from mac book/android device.
But when there is no internet connection to the network , chromecast breaks.
My question is why does chromecast require internet connection when streaming from my local devices with in the network.
Is there a way around to stream data/video with out having internet connection ?
can some one help me in this...!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:33 PM

I think streaming and the internet are synonymous.

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:34 PM

no, you would have to pair it with your phone otherwise, and your phone must have data connection.
http://adhirajhangal.com
04-27-2014, 11:34 PM

What did you think Chrome-cast was ? Didn't you check all its features and requirements before you bought it ?

Chrome-cast is internet enabled device that lets you watch TV without really having any kind of cable Television subscription. It works with internet only. The device connects to the Internet through a Wi-Fi connection to the user's home network.
Chromecast works in two ways, both of which stream content to a television. The first employs mobile apps and Web apps. The second, called "tab casting", can mirror almost any content displayed by the web browser Google Chrome running on a personal computer.
So the above information clearly talks about the requirement of a network for 'Chrome-cast' to work.

Read up more about 'chrome-cast' in the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromecast
04-27-2014, 11:39 PM

you're not actually streaming videos from your devices, that's why when you turn off your tablet or lock it when you're watching the video, it does not turn off. think of it as another computer, it just looks up the video and plays it. if you want to stream to your tv from something like your phone or tablet, you would have to use a cable.

for example, when I'm laying down, i use my nexus 10 to stream video via my chromecast. when I want to play a game like gta san andreas on the tv with my moga pro, I use a mini hdmi to hdmi for my tv to play games on it, it's actually really cool. I love the chromecast simply because it does what it's supposed to and it's cheap, it's almost too good
04-27-2014, 11:42 PM

Think of where the content, ie, the tv shows, comes from.

It,s not just ordinary broadcast over-the-air tv; that you can get for free, and only a few channels.

It's not cable or you'd be paying abt $100 /mo.

So the content must come via the internet.
04-27-2014, 11:51 PM

No internet is the same like broken link between your mac.book and Youtube
04-27-2014, 11:58 PM

Everything needs the internet now.. Can you load youtube without the internet on your phone? I wonder how do you browse the web without the internet... You must be delusional..
04-28-2014, 12:04 AM

easily stream videos, music and photos from your phone or mobile device using a Google chromecast adapter. The adapter plugs into any HDTV with a HDMI port. Open Google Chrome on your phone or mobile device and use a media play plugin. Anything inside Google Chrome browser will Show up on your TV.

http://amzn.to/1e98LSM