This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I restore my high Google rankings like I had (organic SEO)?
04-27-2014, 11:34 PM
How do I restore my high Google rankings like I had (organic SEO)?
Please spare me the sarcastic jokes... I appreciate any help anyone can offer... I had several organic SEO sites that were racing up the Google rankings. They started climbing from page 3 or 4 all the way up to the first page of search results in just a few weeks. Then, hoping to improve the rankings even more, I slightly modified the Titles, Meta tags and text on the sites, and Google immediately knocked all of the sites off of the search results and now they don't come up at all, not even 50 pages into it! I didn't "cheat" or do anything Google should have rejected. Please help! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:44 PM

I would recommend continuing your organic SEO activities. Keep focusing on new, good and original content for your site and getting links to your site and you will get back into google's good graces.

I would also recommend signing in to the google webmaster, claiming your site, and seeing if it is being penalized for anything.
Also, I would take a close look at what tweaks you have made. It's possible that some of them have been interpreted as spammy, and therefore your site is being punished.

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:49 PM

I suppose something you did must've been misinterpreted by Google, since you are punished for it. I second the above answer, subscribe to Google Webmaster Tools, and check if you can see anything there that might give you the reason, then reverse the change that gave you the penalty. If you don't find it, revert all changes, and see if it gets better. In the meantime, keep doing your seowork like you did before. It worked well once, it will work again. For more seo and google tips: http://www.icantinternet.org
04-27-2014, 11:53 PM

well for sure changing a title tag and description tag will get you re ranked.
Sometimes however you will bounce around like crazy. Stick to relevant links and do not do any kind of black hat SEO.
Building links to fast or paid links can get you dumped. For sure look into http://www.google.com.webmasters get your site verified and make sure your site map is uploaded.

An out dated site map can get you banned as well. Any time you add a page, delete a page or change the "name" of a page you need to update your site map even if you just ad a dash, update your site map and forward the old page to the new page.

There is gazillion factors to why this happened and you just have to start trouble shooting.

If you go from page 100 to page one and then back to 100 and then to one and back to one hundred, it means you have hiccup.

If you have done something like pay a site to add 500 back links and someone reported you ( google webmasters) then it is end of the line and usually take a few months to bounce back after you have asked for forgiveness.

Also some site tool builders will create major problems. Duplicate home pages if not quadruplicate.
04-27-2014, 11:56 PM

I would recommend adding a unique meta tag description and title for each web page. The title and description tag still play a big role for search engine indexing.

I use this Meta Tag Generator website to generate the page title, description and keywords. It also has a lot of other optional meta tags you can select.

http://www.metataggenerator.info/

Good Luck!