This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Filter Google results by country, (completely)?
04-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Filter Google results by country, (completely)?
On Google, if I want to search for Japanese websites, made by Japanese people, and regarding only the Japanese public, I find it to be very difficult or impossible.

Am I doing something wrong? I go to Google.co.jp, and then I search using Japanese font, Japanese words, and Japanese grammar, with no flaws. I filter out the urls com, gov, edu, net, org, uk, etc. So that I don't get results outside of Japan.

I've changed my settings so that it doesn't localize my results, but I keep getting results that are translated to Japanese, but are not Japanese websites.

Considering that Japan has even more civilized laws than America, I don't think that anything would need to be filtered if it was illegal to be shown on US servers, know what I mean?

Even still, I changed my location to Tokyo but that doesn't help either. Ugh, my hobby is nerdy, it's making databases, and right now for completing my Japan database I need to know the Japanese public routine and popular media!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:44 PM

It is not difficult and not impossible, it is very easy. Use proxy server for Japan.

If you use Firefox then go on Firefox button (in the upper left corner) > Options > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings > Manual Proxy configuration change your proxy.

If you use Chrome than go on Options (three vertical stripes) > Settings > Show Advanced setting > Change Proxy settings (under the Network tab) > LAN settings > Use a proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.

If you use IE than go on Explorer button (in the upper left corner) > Options > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings > Manual Proxy configuration.

Here is a list of Proxy to use for any region. hidemyass.com/proxy-list.

I use zenmate proxy extension in chrome. It is very easy to use but located for only five country. not for Japan.

You can use direct proxy server site like this one: japanproxy.pw/

Find more proxy site and server on Google online.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply