This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ebay buyer asking to send two invoices?
04-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Ebay buyer asking to send two invoices?
"Good evening. I am very interested in your collection and you like to bid. Unfortunately my credit line is not this high ($999). I verified with eBay and if you can send me two invoices for say $400 and $599 (assuming this is the final price) I will be able to bid! Please let me know if you are ok with this, if so I'll be very excited to buy you collection. I buy and sell MTG card as a business on eBay so you can look at my profile if you have any questions. Thank you for your time."

This is the message he sent me, and I was wondering if it would be possible to safely send him two invoices, or if this is just a scam.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:47 PM

His credit limit is his credit limit. Two invoices or one, the limit is the limit.

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:56 PM

No it's a scam, block them from bidding and report to eBay, let them deal with it. Genuine buyers wouldn't ask such questions, they'd just buy and pay if they wanted it, only unverified PayPal account is limited in spending amount and you wouldn't want to sell to them then anyway, would you. Next they'll say they want to send to a friend in some other (third world) country and try to rip you off, asking for some different payment method after you 'bite' and take their bait, phishing in a bad way. The poor English is a dead givaway tbh. You'd only be letting yourself in for a lot of trouble and hassle, best to avoid altogether imo.
04-28-2014, 12:00 AM

It's a scam. You can't issue two invoices as you won't be covered by eBay for both
04-28-2014, 12:05 AM

100% SCAM!

Put the buyer on your Blocked Bidder List now.

Report the emails to Ebay. There is a link in each email towards the bottom right side. Use it!