This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Computer freezes on youtube, sometimes it's not even on youtube. Monitor goes black and browser keeps failing?
04-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Computer freezes on youtube, sometimes it's not even on youtube. Monitor goes black and browser keeps failing?
I'm all out of options right about now. I don't know what to do. I'm running Windows 7. I've installed IE11, unistalled IE10, RE-INSTALLED IE10 along with installing IE11. Someone said try unistalling the browser and re-installing it cause programs can encounter errors while installing. Or things don't fully get installed correctly. That didn't work. Also it was said to disable hardware acceleraction but haven't done it yet. I don't know what to do. Haven't had a blue screen yet. A bunch of Browser crashes though. When my computer freezes, i lose control of mouse and hear the robotic voice. After a few seconds my monitor goes black (2 secs) comes back up to tell me "Internet explorer has stopped responding". I click the red X, and browser refreshes itself. Why does my computer keep freezing and browser keep crashing? I looked at everything about the computer and everything stats "Healthy" which makes no sense. I'm now running IE9 and the problem still persist. Must i need to reset everything? Would google Chrome help? I run a PC CHECK-UP every month and everything seems to work fine. EVERYTHING PASSES. The only history that has a caution warning is the "Faulty Application crash/start". That's the only negative thing on the chart that this computer has on history. I don't know what else to do. Does this issue lie with the computers age? I can do everything else on my computer (besides internet) and nothing will happen. Do/must i need to redo windows just for a browser crash?
When a Blue screen does happen, it's only 2-3 seconds before computer restarts and everything goes back to normal... Like stated besides browser issues, computer works fine with everything else.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:47 PM

post pc brand, model & age.

Did you look @ Windows Update? It has important updates almost daily. check it daily.

did you update and run Microsoft Security Essentials?

it,s included in win7 and along w/ being a anti-malware/anti vir prog, it,s also a firewall & anti-adware prog.

do you have IE,s Compatibility View disabled? should be.

I wouldn't use 9. I,m on 10, and I think by now 11 is debugged enough to use.

I also get the message, Web site caused browser to close, duno why, maybe their reaction to Heartbleed.

In IE, there are settings for running it in Default level and Reset mode' might wana try that; if it doesn,t help, I,d restore any Security settings you mighta had.

Default mode @ internet options, Security, Internet zone icon, default level.

and Advanced tab, Reset

google that application error message.

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:48 PM

I would run a full security scan, and if that is okay I would then check what permissions that are set for the internet usage. You also could use system restore to put your computer back to when it was working good. Also check in your programs and features to make sure you have no unwanted programs!