This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FB comments irritating the heck out of me?
04-27-2014, 11:49 PM
FB comments irritating the heck out of me?
I have a problem with small talk. I always have. When I have something meaningful to say I say it. I don't like having a conversation or making comments for the sake of doing so.
I have a bunch of people on my bf friends list who are so ditsy despite being my age. They always keep posting on each other's walls and comment on each other's pictures lines such as, "I love you," "Aww you are so cute, "Beautifulz," "I love your hair, face, nose whatever," "Gorgeous," "You are soo ooooo pretty," and so on.

I can give compliment, in fact I do a lot, and my compliments are much more genuine than that, partly because I dish out compliments in small doses lol so its naturally genuine as opposed to complimenting on fb every day, multiple people.

The thing is these fb friends of mine don't have anything else to say. I barely see them, when I do, they don't say hello unless I come up to them and say hello myself, yet they go on fb a week later and start posting comments "Aww you so pretty". They do this with other friends too, people they are actually much closer friends with as well, but it all just seems so fake, this purported niceness.

I hid all their comments, so I don't see them anymore haha. But, why am I so irritated by such seemingly fake small talk? Do any of you feel the same?
Since its in a horoscope section, I'll say I'm a Leo sun, Gem moon.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:52 PM

[cyber high five]

OMG. Finally, another human being who gacks at all this drivel on FB! It is such a load of nonsense. In fact, these sorts of communiques and comments give "superficial" a whole new meaning.

It IS so fake. You are correct. I actually deleted most of my FB page and information because it is just incredibly distasteful and phony to me. (I deactivated my page, also.)

Thanks, for posting your question. Ironically, I just had a conversation about this very subject earlier in the evening. : )

Ads

04-27-2014, 11:54 PM

I feel the exact same way! Except, I don't like giving compliments either and I rarely use the extra effort to give one.

I rather have meaningful conversations over small talk, I guess.
04-28-2014, 12:03 AM

eh i've learned to not care about things that i cant control. but if you are really irritated, dont get on facebook, OR learn to just ignore it and act like you dont care. i used to be annoyed by a lot of things that were out of my reach, and i realized that its just wasting my time and ruining my attitude. it wasnt worth being annoyed by so i decided to forget about em but whenever they turn up, i act like they arnt there. you should try it and if you keep doing it, you'll probably learn how to. it is annoying but i got over it.
hope it helped? Smile
04-28-2014, 12:12 AM

AMEN!
that is the reason why I chose to close my FB account. and I sure don't miss it! My theory is: if you like me so much, then we should meet or text or even email! Why should i prance around with my private life to complete strangers in order to receive as many "likes" as possible??? It's ridiculous. And all this empty talk... I know, it's useless.
I closed my account almost 2 years ago. I reopened it once for about 3 months and closed it again. I don't see the use of it whatsoever. pointless. Then I heard 3 friends of mine who did the same thing and closed their accounts within a couple of months. It is a trend, i tell ya!
04-28-2014, 12:19 AM

I 100% agree with you. (:

I go on FB once, maybe twice a month for that reason and more. It just seems to me like people are too eager to try and convince others that they have friends. Almost like they feel they have to constantly talk to people or have a certain amount of friends in order to remain cool. It's just annoying to see people have meaningless conversation with each other just for the sake of appearances.

It's such a load of crap. -_-
04-28-2014, 12:28 AM

delete facebook... not worth it ...
04-28-2014, 12:31 AM

its only fb, its not real life situations, who cares if they talk like that, again its just fb, dats just how fb ppl talk to each other...way of life, i don't see a big deal out of it even if they're being fake or whatever its just fb..., jesus christ.
04-28-2014, 12:38 AM

idk but i am glad you are not superficial because the guy i like has the same signs as you, and well i am very moralistic and anti-materialism

im a cancer sun, scorpio mooon

You just have good values. smile Smile
04-28-2014, 12:39 AM

It's stupid as hell, that's for sure. I suspect people do those things because they are setting up a situation of social reciprocity - I say this on your wall, you say this on mine, and we BOTH get to look like a bunch of people think we're awesome even though in reality we don't know eachother well.

To rock the boat a little, you could say, "Thanks, but you look really crap in your pic Sad", or maybe, "Yea, your boyfriend thinks so too", or a simple "I know", etc. That'll probably get them to stop. Big Grin

As to why you're so irritated with it, I'm not sure. I have a sneaking suspicion that, as a Leo, you feel flattered by the compliments but then become frustrated when you see how frequently they are handed out to anybody like bowls of old soup. You want to be recognised as pretty or whatever, but perhaps you also want to be sure that the people around you really think that. Facebook messages like those leave you wondering - do they really see my more stunning qualities, or are they just complimenting me to serve themselves?

Pisces Sun, Gemini Moon