This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My internet has been very strange- more details in description- please help?
04-27-2014, 11:52 PM
My internet has been very strange- more details in description- please help?
My internet has been behaving quite strangely lately. When I try to open a page on my mobile device, it will give me a 50-50 change of displaying a notification that says wifi error, and not loading. When I use it on my computer, it also doesn't display webpages. I have to refresh about 10 times before it will load. When it doesn't, it just says that the page cannot be loaded. I have tried this with both google chrome and internet explorer and have the same result. When I load videos, it tells me that there is a DNS error. Could there be a virus redirecting me? Videos will sometimes load, but are unable to stream. Downloads will stop halfway though. I'm ran malwarebytes and took care of everything that could be wrong. I called my internet company, and they told me that everything was fine on their end, and that my computer was causing it. They also said that it was because my wifi was open, but it's not- everything is password protected. Could they be full of it and lying to me, or is it really a virus? I haven't downloaded anything strange lately, but it just started acting up. Also, I've noticed that when I click on my documents, it loads a bit slower instead of immediately. It took me about twenty minutes to even get to this page to post because I kept having to refresh until it finally loaded. Sometimes it also displays the website, but it looks off- there is no style to it and only contains blue text. So could it be a redirect virus? Also, I tried disabling all of my extensions, and it didn't make any difference. Please, advice is needed. Also, if you could point me to a place that would be able to help me better, that would be great. I tried to go to the diagnose network connections, and found a multiple NAT device error. What should I do? Also I try going to a website, I see what it says, and
The server at i.imgur.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
I've made sure my firewall is configured properly, I've reset my router, and I've flushed the dns through the command

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 11:58 PM

You could be experience a Denial Of
Service attack but that is very unlikely. I doubt you have a virus due to the fact you have tried this on your mobile device. My best guest is that there is a problem with you router/modem. Check your router/modem via your computer. Their could be problems with the bridge connection, ask your service provider about this. Also try resetting it leaving it off for 30 sec. Now if you computer is running slow, it could be related to a virus, disable some start up of programs and see if that makes a change (msconfig). Another area to check for viruses is in task manger, look to see if winlogon.exe is in Capitals or any unusual .exe programs in Capitals.

Recommended anti virus programs:
AVG: http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage
Microsoft Security Essentials: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...s-download

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:04 AM

It seems like you are facing a lot of internet network connections troubleshooting issues. May be it is due to virus attacks or anything else, for such issues I like to take help of some support services. If you want you can also try it. I like taking help from Click4support. From quite a few times, they resolves my issues very easily and their staff is also very co-operative.
04-28-2014, 12:09 AM

I dont get it. Do you have anti virus on your mobile device?

I have similar experience and I cant confidently tell you that it is a virus.

In my situation my laptop is doing this. After I sorted things out with my service provider, I reloaded windows on my old desktop and I get a perfect connection on my desktop while all sorts of SH$$#T goes on on my laptop.

Conventional antivirus programs do not always detect all the different strains of viruses and are at most ineffective.

Inquire at your local IT shop to find if they can remove that virus.
I once used a website (the details I lost) that multiple scans of your equipment while online (they use a wide range of malware programs simultaneously) and remove all viruses for you.

Search the web to find the solution that works for you.
04-28-2014, 12:12 AM

I'm thinking that something is conflicting with your internet. It might be time to try online solutions. Have you typed in your issue into a search engine? This may help. Good luck!
04-28-2014, 12:18 AM

THIS WORKS:

Try opening a command prompt as "administrator" and type the following command:

netsh winsock reset catalog

Then restart your computer.