This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get bing to fuck off?
04-28-2014, 12:14 AM
How do I get bing to fuck off?
I somehow got bing to become my default search engine by accident, probably from something I downloaded at some point, but now it won't go away. I've literally changed every single setting I possibly can back to google, and I have made sure that bing isn't even an option on any of the lists by deleting all browsing engines other than google. But bing still won't fuck off. Whenever I open a new tab, fucking bing pops up. It's literally pissing me off beyond belief. I will give you a gold medal if you can tell me how to fix this. It's honestly probably really obvious and i'm just missing it, but i'm giving up. Please teach me your holy ways of how to get bing to go the fuck away.

Sincerely,
A pissed off guy
P.S. sorry that the picture is so small

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:23 AM

Have you tried this?
http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/bi...ht%29.aspx

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:28 AM

You have the homepage set to Bing. Go to settings, make sure show home button is checked. Now you can change it to what you want.
04-28-2014, 12:34 AM

In windows, try navigating to control panel and then uninstall or remove a program, then from there search for all installed programs and then from there choose the bing program. You can try pressing: windows key + R key to get to the windows run lancher/box then in there type: msconfig.exe or just msconfig.

A box will appear which will let you edit services and startup items. In startup tab, try finding bing or anything related to it and if found uncheck it, in services tab, try finding bing search or any thing related to bing.

If not close it and go to your internet options located in control panel.

From there there must be an add ons tab were you can select your add ons and plugins for your browser.

Go there then try finding bing related searches and end em. If not then search on youtube or ask in forum like: whirepool, groovy web etc