This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Netflix server latency?
04-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Netflix server latency?
Every so often when viewing Netflix during the day, I'll experience the "Loading, Please Wait" scroll bar so the episode can continue.

This may be at random times. Many times the Netflix connection is fine.

Even though we can't do anything about the server itself, is there some way to set the settings of the wireless router or anything else on our end to better take care of this issue?

I'm currently using a Brighthouse cable internet, Belkin Wireless Dual-Band N600 DB router along with a Roku 2 Streaming Player.

I'll reboot both the Roku and the Router occasionally which seems to work at least for a while, but in an hour or two the same "Loading" message may occur.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:21 AM

Every time this happens, go on to speedtest.net, and take notes of your internet speed. Then do the same while Netflix actually does work so you can note the difference in your network speed. Also, I've experienced this a lot with Netflix and my internet is about 150 Mbps, so most of the time it's Netflix's servers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply