This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to stop being distracted by fb?
04-28-2014, 12:19 AM
how to stop being distracted by fb?
okay, im 16, a guy, as soon as i cme home, at 430, i sit on fb till 630, then starty my hmwk at a slow pace, and im usually up doing it till 1030 when it can be done a lot quicker. how can i stop doing this, by stopping myself from wanting to do this? thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:28 AM

delete your account or prioritize..or deal with less sleep

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:29 AM

The very first thing you need to do is to be committed to what your doing. Avoid Facebook for a while, focus on your homework. Do what is more important first, if ever you want to use Facebook limit your time to about 30 minutes. If you're really committed to doing this, and you went over 30 minutes, try punishing yourself for it. Like; no Facebook a week. Or some punishment you'll regret over-using Facebook. That way you won't be tempted to over-use Facebook-ing. Hope this helpsSmile
04-28-2014, 12:31 AM

I used to be like that!

But it's not how to stop being distracted. The question why do you keep going back to FB. What do you expect to see there?

I used to do it bcz i used to hope that my crush would go on fb and write smthn on his wall saying hw his day was cz i was too shy to ask.

If your answer - wat my frends are planning or to see wat a girl (special) is upto. or something of that sort ... then heres wat u cn do ...

Talk to your friends - talking on the phone is way healthier than waiting on fb. ask them wat their plan is of the day and wen they plan to use fb so u cn cm at the same time (if u wanna chat). Or plan smthn at school and say details will be send on fb - u get e-mails wenn u get msgs on fb. Hang around ur e-mail rather than fb (e-mails actually remind ppl of assignments and hws)

Get the courage to talk to the girl and start smthn ... maybe u guys will connect.. so instead of waiting on fb .. u cn actually plan a date or ur next phone convo or asking her out or smthn. find an excuse to meet her...

I hope this helps (=
04-28-2014, 12:36 AM

Block your Facebook from your browser. It requires will to stop getting on FB so it depends on you.

Also, prioritize HW first before getting on your computer. Consequences will come when HW isn't done.