This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is it worth getting iphone 4S if i have to pay the monthly charges myself?
04-28-2014, 12:22 AM
is it worth getting iphone 4S if i have to pay the monthly charges myself?
So basically ever since i have gotten a job my parents make me pay for everything ( im 17) -_- from gas, to my present overage charges on my phone etc. I really want the iphone 4S but i know that for the cheapest Monthly plan its like around 77-80$ which is A LOT for me because i only make about 150$ every 2 weeks ans if you take off the amount of money i have to pay for gas (around 40$) and money i have to give the bank for my savings account 25$ then the rest of my money would go to the phone and i have nothing left for myself. My parents don't want to even pay for HALF of the bill, when i was willing to compromise 35-35, but i really want to be able to have an instagram, snap chat, unlimited texting, take nice pictures and Internet that i can use when i need it for my hw or when im bored somewhere,
No. My mom doesn't make me pay for things myself because of "responsibility" because she already knows i am a responsible person. SHe makes me pay for it because she can get away with it and she NEVER used to give me money before my job which is why i got one in the first place. I personally just don't think its Fair that EVERYONE else gets their phone paid for by their parents voluntarily while my mom makes me pay for mine when she knows how hard i work for a dime.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:32 AM

This is the reason that they make you pay for your own things. To teach you responsibility. If you can't afford it then wait.

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:34 AM

This is by far the cheapest plan available and it includes iphones:
Starting on January 11, 2013 in more than 2,000 Walmart stores and online at Walmart.com, customers now have access to the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 on Straight Talk's $45 no contract unlimited talk, text and data plan. To make this offer even more affordable, Walmart will be offering customers who purchase the phone in the store, a no interest fixed-monthly payments special financing offer for only $25 a month with a Walmart Credit Card.
04-28-2014, 12:43 AM

You can use all those applications on an Android, Droid, HTC, etc. I currently have the iPhone 5, boy are the bills expensive. But I'm 14 and my parents are paying for it. And I know what you are talking about that your parents don't give you money and make you pay for it on your own but I think it's good that they are doing it. It teaches you how you will have to live once you are 18 and out on your own. When I am 18, I have to pay for my own internet bills, cell phone bills, etc. So don't complain about it! You are just starting a year early! Plus, complaining won't change the fact that you will pay for your own phone bills.

And you are wondering if you should get the iPhone 4S...well I think you can if you have the money. I mean, any other smartphone will have the same data expenses so while you're at it, you can and should get the iPhone. The Galaxy is technically better than the 4S and my iPhone 5 but it's too big for my liking. Just to save money, don't go on Verizon and go on Sprint or AT&T (like me). But with the cheapest plan which I have under AT&T (unlimited text call, 1GB of data) I still pay about $150 a month with my $10 insurance plan. That is a lot for me because I am not rich. So if you can afford about $150 a month, then go for it. But Sprint is much cheaper.